Many of our junior students are trying to make a big decision these days: play sports in college, or not. Talking it over with your parents and Campus Bound counselor is a really important step, but there are also conversations you can be having with coaches that can help. Both your high school athletic coach, as well as coaches at the college level can offer important insights. Here are some questions you might ask them.
High School Coach/ Athletic Director:
- What is the level I should pursue? D1, D2 or D3?
- Do you know of any summer showcases or camps where I can meet college level coaches?
- Knowing me as you do, do you think I should pursue college athletics?
- Will you look over my highlight reel/ athletic resume please?
- 1. How can I qualify for the team?
- 2. What are the obligations for playing on your team?
- 3. Can I participate in more than one sport?
- 4. What position/event would you want me to play?
- 5. What is the overall attitude of the school toward student-athletes?
By asking these pertinent questions, you will gain more insight into whether or not playing sports in college makes sense for you. Campus Bound is here to help! If you need help with the college admissions process, contact us for a free consultation.